Monday, September 6, 2010

Coincidence

In front of the shelves in the bookshop I'm confronted by guides to Singapore - well I am in the travel section. I'm looking for the guide of all guides on the best of Hawker Center food here in Singapore which has recently been up dated and coincidently coincides with my quest to try more local food. Strangely enough 'Makansutra 2011' isn't there. I do find though and buy 'There's No Carrot in Carrot Cake' (Epigram) a guide to whats in 101 Hawker Dishes. So now I know whats in Char Kway Teow (flat noodle stir fry with Chinese sauage - but I'll avoid the one with cockles) and will deffinately give it a go.

Next book shop - same problem, maybe I've got it wrong, maybe the latest edition hasn't hit the shops yet ..... but as I swing past the Food Magazines I spot it - loads of them. Makes sense really I suppose, after all I don't go to the travel section to buy the Time Out Restaurant guide in the UK - but then that looks like a magazine - a thick one, but magazine size and shape all the same.

So where to start? Hmmmm......... a bit more research, but first I think its lunch time ......

No comments:

Post a Comment